The Law Office of Yolanda Castro-Dominguez, PLLC

The Right Information And Advice Can Help You Find Your Way
Our Law Firm Is Designed With Your Needs In Mind
Se Habla Español

When Existing Family Law Court Orders Need To Be Modified

Once you obtain a divorce decree or a child custody and support order, you may feel a sense of finality and relief as you walk out of the courthouse. However, life will go on and circumstances may change. You may eventually find you need to ask a court for a modified custody or support order if:

  • One or both parents will move out of the area
  • One or both parents have changes in income
  • A child develops special needs
  • One or both parents have changed work schedules
  • The parent paying child support falls behind in payments
  • Either parent becomes unfit to care for a child without supervision

What about property division and your divorce decree? Typically, details of your divorce are not modifiable. There are exceptions, such as if:

  • You discover your spouse had hidden assets
  • You discover your spouse’s share in division of marital property was unfairly affected by some type of fraud or legal malpractice

If you believe there are strong reasons to appeal a divorce or ask for a new trial, talk this over with a lawyer. At The Law Office of Yolanda Castro-Dominguez, PLLC, in Irving, Texas, you can count on empathy as well as honesty. We offer listening ears and credible case analyses. If a modification is justifiable — or if you are justified in protesting the other parent’s proposed modification — we will help you design a strategy for pursuing a fair and timely court decision.

Consult With An Experienced Family Law Attorney About A Proposed Modification To Custody Or Support

Call 972-600-8045 or send an email message to schedule a meeting with a lawyer about your court order modification possibilities.